I didn't think it was possible, but I have re-entered the world of Access.
I am using it to create a database of borrowers with 'unknown addresses' on our system. Half the db was already there when I began looking, but L. and I have worked out how to tidy it up and use it to our advantage.
This way, and with L's help, I will be able to do an analysis of our untrackable items- out on loan to people we know nothing about.
We cannot track them to remind them they have our stuff.
The main aim is to discover how many of these borrowers were first time or recently joined and took off with material with no intention of returning or being tracked.
There are a couple with very large fines and over 5 items, but I'm not really expecting much. Maybe I have more faith in humanity than some, but by the look of it the majority of people have nothing or only a couple of items out. And if they have moved it would be extremely understandable for such to go missing.
Still, I am yet to find out, I might be surprised.
Thursday, March 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment